Cupcakes, ice cream, pastas, milk, cheese, sugar, cookies are all sitting there waiting for us to consume. Sure they look good and probably taste equally great, however, they are not our body’s best friend when it comes to staying in shape. People work to get in shape it doesn’t just happen. Why would you sabotage your efforts by eating unhealthy. Let’s look at 5 easy ways that will help you stay in shape all year long. No crash diets, no extreme exercise and no surgery.
1. Think about something you did as a kid – like ice skating or roller skating. You love skating and it’s great exercise and easy on the joints. One hour of skating burns approximately 330 calories an hour. There are many places you can skate and if you own skates it makes exercise easy when traveling.
2. Join a team like soccer, volleyball, basketball, kickball or even dodgeball! Encourage friends and family to join with you. When you play with people you know, you can motivate each other to stay committed. You can enjoy team play and the social aspect of playing with friends that are focused on the game too.
3. Use your in home elliptical or treadmill. Rain or shine, freezing or blistering hot – your in-home exercise machine is ready and waiting. They are easy to use, and you can get your exercise in while watching your favorite movie or reading that new novel. You can literally take care of two activities you want to do at once. So, before you go to sit down on the sofa to watch a movie, make a commitment to never turn on the TV unless you are on the elliptical or treadmill. You will stay in shape and know what’s happening on all your shows.
4. Drink plenty of water. Water makes up over 70% of your body and is needed for the survival of every known form of life. H2O boost your metabolism and plays an important role in metabolism. With the help of enzymes, it breaks down food to generate molecules of nutrients for easy digestion. It also breaks down bonds to create smaller molecules of glucose, fatty acids and amino acids. Drinking 1.5 liters of cold water can help you burn up to an extra 50 calories per day without exercising. Water helps keep your energy level high and aids in digestion. Water is required to cool the body, maintain muscle tone, skin tone and provide a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues. Need I say more about the many benefits of drinking water to stay in shape.
5. Eat plenty of dark green leafy vegetables to help you stay in shape. These types of vegetables contain antioxidants and vitamins, and are high in compounds that might help prevent cancer. They are also high in dietary fiber, that means they help you stay feeling satisfied longer. When you feel full longer you reduce your caloric intake.
Try using these 5 easy ways to stay in shape or come up with some of your own. You will feel better and feel more fit by practicing these few easy tips.